Prep Time 15 Minutes Cook Time 1 Hour Total Time 1 Hour 15 Minutes
Moist and sweet homemade banana bread with cream cheese cheesecake filling. This Cheesecake Banana Bread recipe is utterly rich and delicious.
Banana Bread Batter
- 1/2 cup melted unsalted butter, plus more for greasing the loaf pan (1 stick or 4 oz. butter)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting the loaf pan
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs plus 1 large egg yolk, divided
- 3 ripe bananas (about 480 g)
Cream Cheese Filling
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Preheat oven to 350° and butter and flour a 9″-x-5″ loaf pan. In a bowl, mash the bananas with a masher. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together 1 cup flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In another large bowl, combine 3/4 cup sugar, melted butter, buttermilk, vanilla extract, 1 egg and 1 egg yolk and mix until smooth. Pour wet ingredients over dry ingredients above and stir until combined, then fold in the mashed bananas.
- Make Cream Cheese Filling: In a small bowl, stir together the remaining 1 egg, cream cheese, and 2 tablespoons flour and 2 tablespoons sugar.
- Transfer half the batter to the loaf pan. Dollop the Cream Cheese Filling on top and smooth in an even layer with a spatula. Top with the remaining batter.
- Bake until deeply golden and a toothpick comes out clean, 1 hour. Let cool at least 10 minutes before slicing and serving.