Prep time: 15 mins Cook time: 50 mins Total time: 1 hour 5 mins
A Greek-inspired meatloaf to spice up your meatloaf night!
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 1 + ¼ pounds ground beef
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- ⅓ cup diced roasted red peppers (from a jar)
- ¼ cup chopped yellow onion
- ⅓ cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried parsley
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ cup ketchup plus 2 tablespoons for brushing on top
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Grease a 9×13-inch baking pan.
- Heat a frying pan over medium – low heat with the oil, add the garlic and the baby spinach. Cook, stirring until the spinach wilts. Remove from heat and cool.
- Add all the ingredients including the spinach to a large mixing bowl and combine with a fork or your hands.
- Dump it into the pan and pat it into a loaf. Cover the sides and top with the remaining 2 tablespoons ketchup.
- Bake 40 – 50 minutes until cooked through in the center. Let it rest 5 – 10 minutes before slicing.