Chocolate Banana Oatmeal Recipe with water, however, whole milk, almond milk and coconut milk would all work just fine. Plus, if you can’t find cacao powder, cocoa powder would would just as well!
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 1/4 cups water or milk of your choice
- 2 teaspoons cacao powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch of sea salt
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1 banana, sliced
- In a small saucepan, combine rolled oats, water/milk, cacao powder, vanilla extract and sea salt, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer and cook on low heat for 5-8 minutes, stirring frequently, until all of the liquid has been absorbed and oats are tender.
- Once cooked, transfer oatmeal to a bowl, drizzle with maple syrup and top with sliced banana.